Service Dog Training

Community Access Examination

Swarley having the Community Access Examination to turn out to be a whole SD (services pet)

1. why are you forcing a heel? the dog is hating life.

2. Is it required you have the test done?

3. I'd love to see a video of where he is now! i'm sure he's amazing. Are you allowed to use any kind of training devices with you during a Public Access Test? Pinch Collars, headcollars, front lead harnesses, e-collars, choke chains, etc. Or are you expected to go with just a flat collar like in the CGC?

4. I have multiple mental disorders and on days it's very difficult to be in public so I have been thinking of training my 1-year-old small mixed breed, she knows some basics like sit, lay down, speak. I'm normally able to keep her in a sitting position during a red light. We hadn't trained her very strictly, but overall she's well behaved. She is nervous around strangers, and gets distracted easy by squirrels and other animals. Where would you suggest I start, and how long do you think training will take? There are training classes at my local pet store, but I would like to save money if possible.

5. Question…during the food drop part, when the dog is laying next to the table, isn't his tail supposed to be out of the way?

6. What breed is he? A Brittany??

7. What is his breed ?

8. Im so pissed off after watching this.  The person that we hired to train our dog did not even train 20% of the commands as this girl has done.  But our dog was previously trained to do most of it by the previous owner.  Yes, $2,500 for not much at all.  Wish you lived in our town I would hire you!  We need someone for several.

9. wonderful , my puppy is training to become a service dog too

10. doing good. he's still young, and clearly still has some maturing and training to do, but he's doing good. At the table depending on the task…I like the dog to tuck out of the walk path of possible so they don't get stepped on, or pose a trip hazard, etc.

11. servlce dog gesr nicloe yes ko

12. food drops
    "WAS THAT FOR ME?!?! oh, wait, nope, it wasn't.

13. Pardon my ignorance but i thought strange people wasn't supposed to pet service dogs, did it react right to it?

14. Question: What are you supposed to do when you're legitimately training your service dog in public, and you come across bitter people just waiting to say "That's not a Service Dog, you're ruining it for people that actually have a need for one!!!"
    People who are on medical disability and are not able to raise $20 to $30,000 for a dog, but are getting an expensive bread dog and paying for it to get trained through a legitimate training service, but it's not fully trained yet. Are these people who have severe PTSD and panic attacks not supposed to come out of their house until the dog is 100% perfect!?
    The ADA says that people with disabilities can work to train a dog for service. how do people on disability with severe PTSD, bridge the gap from a dog training center – training in public, if they're not even allowed to do this transition training to public, without people accusing them of scamming the system with having a fake service dog?!

15. there are no tests if its an owner trained dog. also cleaning the dogs eyes should be done at home, not on video

16. Beautiful dog! What breed is it? 🙂

17. what type of dog is he or she

18. Golly that Dog doesn't look compatible for Service-Training?!? He seems very distracted, antsy, nervous, not focused whatsoever and looking around him all the time.

19. What breed? He is gorgeous!! Great Job

20. Bindi still has problems with the food drop 🙁 any advice?

21. If I may ask,what was the collar you put on before you him out of the car?

22. how much is it for someone to observe your service dog

23. You guys look great as a team!

24. A PA test with hardly anyone in the mall, where is the challenge in this. A public access test should be challenging and be hard enough for a dog to actually pass, this just seems way too easy. A pet could pass this.

25. Are you from Canada?

26. Wonderful dog! I can tell he is still in training but he did great! I am trying to train my 4 yr old pitbull to be my service dog. I still don't know if we will succeed but he is only 2 weeks in and already made huge strides and he is already learning a few tasks. We have only gone to the therapist's office, no stores yet, but again, we are only 2 weeks in and so I am going as slow as I can to build up on a strong foundation. We are having trouble learning heel but we are slowly getting there. It is much harder as an adult but he is doing amazing. Owner training is very hard but he keeps me going. You did great in training this dog!

27. Brilliant video. Such a well behaved and obedient dog. You should be so proud. I would be certainly

28. i have ptsd and was looking into getting a service dog. it scares me a lot at how many people looked at you and your dog and judging and how if i had a SD attention would be pulled to me being different

29. My dog is 1 years old, she was adopted right before she turned 1, some people say it´s too late to train her because she´s not a puppy, is that true?

30. How long was he a trainee for? If you don't mind me asking.

31. Where'd you get the leash?

32. A fabulous animal.

33. Perfect song for the "dog being taken by another person" part. Perfect timing 😀 The dog looked like the song was what he was thinking 😀

34. Next time take your service dog to the zoo. The zoo animals get extremely active when they see other animals besides its a great tool how your service animal will respond in that environment.

35. When i handed bo off to a walmart employee so icud use the restroom besides it was a test for my service dog. He acted like your guide when you walked away tho when bo cudnt see me he barked and was concerned till i got back thats a picture of him on my Harley when i used to ride.

36. great job! I'm going to have to do all of this very soon. how long did it take for you to train your dog in a public place?

37. Nice work although I did notice he broke some commands and didn't obey the first time. Most people are astonished when they see a well behaved dog. So sad that its that uncommon in our society.

38. Lmao the guy with the paper just put it in the shopping cart 😂

39. is he a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling retriever?

40. What a beautiful dog!  Love his tail!  And his feet being white makes it look like he's wearing shoes!  I like the part at around 9:30 where you are having him sit between your legs and put his head on your lap.  This is a very good grounding command.  If I had a big dog, I'd definitely be adding this to our list of commands!